Highlights of Kevin Demoff interview with Bernie, by RockRam
Friday, June 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM CDT
Contributed by: Shaky
He said the following:
1) The CVC is a process, and people hate that. But once football season starts, the focus will change to the field and the anxt will decrease.
2) Not likely that the Rams will add to the roster before training camp. However they will be open once teams start making the cut downs.
3) There is an optimism that has not existed since he's been part of the Rams.
4) Wells will be full go for training camp. There were 2 reasons for his absence: 1) a knee scope, 2) personal reasons. He said the knee scope was minor and everything came out just fine. The personal reasons were for positive things, nothing bad, and that also turned out very well. He said Wells would likely speak to it when camp opens.
5) Bradford is 100% healthy. And he has looked deadly accurate with a live arm. His height has proven to be a big asset as he sees the field so well.
6) The offense has many similarities to Shurmur's, so Sam has a comfort level with it since he was so successful in Shurmur's offense. It will be an offense that will be run oriented, but will stretch the field with the pass. Pointed out that San Fran's success on O was based on the run. Said that it was stunning what Sam did in his rookie season with almost no offensive weapons, and a poor oline. Expects Pead and the other rookie RB to make signficant contributions.
7) The team is VERY healthy going to Training Camp. Expects everyone on the roster to be ready for training camp, including HooHoo.
8) The team has been planning for 2013 for 2 years, getting the financial house in order with dollars set aside to re-sign Long, JL, and Amendola. Anticipates no serious issues in getting the deals done.
9) He is personally anxious to see Langford and Brockers in pads. Said that they were HUGE men, had great mini camp, and that everyone believes that they are going to have a substantial effect on the defense.
10) Steve Smith is 100%. Looks quick, fast, and fluid. No discomfort, nothing held back. Catching everything. Smith and Amendola constantly stayed after practice to run more routes with Sam throwing to them. Said that the issue Smith had at Philly was a) late getting to know the offense, and b) a deep bone bruise in his knee. Had nothing to do with Micro-fracture. The knee is fully healthy and strong.